The Unified Star Wars Thread

What have you been watching?

The Unified Star Wars Thread

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:58 pm

So I floated this idea to someone who promised he was on top of it before leaving me in the cold rain (by which I mean I just kinda went to work and remembered the idea couple days later). We have a Doctor Who thread, so I thought....why not a SW thread?

Problem is, not sure where to put it. Between the movies, comics, books, games and my endless fanfictions, it's hard to figure out where to place this one. So if the mods think it should go in movies, fair enough, just wanted to get it started.

Anyways, the warses with the starses. Hop to it.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: The Unified Star Wars Thread

Postby Marcuse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:05 pm

So I floated this idea to someone who promised he was on top of it before leaving me in the cold rain.

Also put it in movies because the origin of SW is the movies, and the rest of the material is derivative from that. Just for reference, nothing related to Star Wars will be considered off topic for the thread though.

But seriously, I've had some real life stuff happening recently. Sorry I forgot about this, kids come first.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Marcuse wrote:
So I floated this idea to someone who promised he was on top of it before leaving me in the cold rain.

Also put it in movies because the origin of SW is the movies, and the rest of the material is derivative from that. Just for reference, nothing related to Star Wars will be considered off topic for the thread though.

But seriously, I've had some real life stuff happening recently. Sorry I forgot about this, kids come first.

Can we ban you for that picture? Is that somehow not a bannable offense?

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Someone please close this thread, both the posters above are going to be banned if OP gets his way.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby RedBearded » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:11 am

The Empire is misunderstood. I wish you would stop spouting the Rebel-Terrorist propaganda. The Empire is enlightened, and the Imperial Military, the protective arm of this peaceful Empire.

Redbearded-Joined:Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm
God-Joined:Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm
RedBearded
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:02 am

I find it funny that to celebrate the upcoming Star Wars installment, the new memorabilia piece we're doing is a Force Awakens poster framed with a Dave Prowse signature. It's like the Beatles Abbey Road display we did which had a Peter Best signature. I mean, it sold like hot cakes and this new display likely will, but still.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby NisiOptimum » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm really excited for this. I've got this sweet Worf cosplay and I'm going to go camp out in front of the theatre the night before and just refuse to believe anyone who tries to correct me. Really belligerently too, hopefully get a solid riot going.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Postby DanteHoratio » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm going to be honest, I find the "Stormtroopers are terrible shots" joke annoying. Because it's not true. Stormtroopers are great shots and often hit their target. It's just the main characters(who have plot armor) that they miss all the time and seem like they have terrible aim. Do you expect them to have superhuman aim and pull off impossible shots? Most Stormtroopers don't have the force after all. If anybody in the empire had the force(Not counting Vader or the Emperor of course), they would be made into Emperor's Hands, or into Inquisitors.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:08 am

NisiOptimum wrote:I'm really excited for this. I've got this sweet Worf cosplay and I'm going to go camp out in front of the theatre the night before and just refuse to believe anyone who tries to correct me. Really belligerently too, hopefully get a solid riot going.

We will definitely need to see pics of this.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby DanteHoratio » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:37 am

NisiOptimum wrote:I'm really excited for this. I've got this sweet Worf cosplay and I'm going to go camp out in front of the theatre the night before and just refuse to believe anyone who tries to correct me. Really belligerently too, hopefully get a solid riot going.

You should also learn to speak Klingon too.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby Marcuse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:45 am

Force Awakens theory joke. Spoilered just in case.

Spoiler: show

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm disappointed in myself that I never watched the Clone Wars tv show while it was on the air. I've been watching it on Netflix and it's great.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:07 pm

In the trailer they keep talking about how the force is real and not a legend. The war, the one that destroyed a planet, isn't a legend either. Anyone else see this as huge red flag? The original trilogy was about discovering the force is real, even though some did not believe in it. Are we doing the same plot again?! Besides, thinking a giant war didn't actually happen is like the equivalent of denying the holocaust.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Marcuse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Tesseracts wrote:In the trailer they keep talking about how the force is real and not a legend. The war, the one that destroyed a planet, isn't a legend either. Anyone else see this as huge red flag? The original trilogy was about discovering the force is real, even though some did not believe in it. Are we doing the same plot again?! Besides, thinking a giant war didn't actually happen is like the equivalent of denying the holocaust.

It's more that the Force was practically unheard of even in A New Hope. The Moff whose lack of faith Vader finds disturbing refers to it as an ancient religion nobody believes in. Remember that the only two Jedi are in hiding, and the only two Sith are ruling the galaxy. That's four people in a galaxy of trillions that's even really heard of the Force. In TFA, there's no new Jedi order to spread knowledge of the Force, and the users of the Dark Side are once again hidden figures that don't make their abilities apparent publicly. So I kind of think it's understandable to think that the Force is mysterious to Finn and Rey.

I don't remember there being any reference to the war not being real. I'd have thought that if they're still fighting a galactic civil war then there's ample evidence of its existence.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Next