12 Total Transformers Movies?

What have you been watching?

12 Total Transformers Movies?

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:39 am

http://collider.com/transformers-writers-room-could-come-up-with-as-many-as-12-movies/
There's serious talk of Bay's Transformers becoming MCU-ish, with 8 more sequels and spin-offs being planned, and Transformers 5 being underway.

Spoiler: show

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Re: 12 Total Transformers Movies?

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:47 am

nononononononononononononononononononononono *takes a breath* NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 am

*Considers killing self. Then decides that killing Micheal Bay would be better for humanity*

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby AdricDePsycho » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:48 am

Am I the only person who'll at least somewhat defend Michael Bay's Transformers movies? I likes the first one. It was a good popcorn flick. The second one sucked so bad that it was an insult to the audience, to Hasbro, and to geography (EGYPT AND JORDAN DON'T HAVE A BORDER). The third and fourth ones were deeply flawed films that nonetheless had great moments amidst the crap. I especially liked how the fourth one had a theme of humanity's flaws and strengths.

But seriously, 8 SEQUELS? DAMN IT GOD, WHY DON'T YOU JUST FLOOD US ALREADY?!?

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:19 am

You know what? I'm down for eight more Transformer movies. Fuck it, I'm down for eight-hundred more Transformer movies. You know why? Because frankly, they're what we deserve. He churns out the most cynically produced movies in history and makes billions off them. Think about that. No matter how much any of us try or struggle, no matter what masterpiece we create, a Michael Bay Transformers movie will be more successful than you ever will. After giving the man so much money, I'm convinced that it's no longer something that can be blamed on him. Humanity doesn't need these movies, it deserves these movies.

Damn you, Michael Bay, but more importantly, damn us all.

Last edited by Doodle Dee. Snickers on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:32 am

It's the curse of the LCD!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:28 am

So here's what I don't really get, is the vehement reactions to this announcement. I can get hating the movies and thinking their utter shit. (They probably are, but I haven't seen them, so I can't say for certain). But who cares if Bay makes more of these? If you hate them, don't watch them, simple as that. So he makes shitty movies, so what? It's not like the existence of Transformers is stopping you from enjoying the good movies coming out lately. Last year we had Birdman, Nightcrawler, Interstellar, Gone Girl, The Imitation Game, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of The Galaxy. This year we've already had Mad Max: Fury Road, Kingsman, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Ex-Machina. I don't think Transformers stops you from enjoying any of these movies.

And is it any surprise that we're getting more Transformers movies? The series has proved itself to be a highly successful cash cow, so it's no wonder that it's going to be milked for all it's worth. I don't think we can even blame Michael Bay for that, not when there's so people who are plunking down cash for 'em.

But seriously, who cares if they make more? Just ignore them, it's not like it really matters.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby ShuaiGuy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:00 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 am

and I bet none of them will star this guy https://simonfurman.files.wordpress.com ... d_vol2.jpg

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Dr. Ambiguous wrote:So here's what I don't really get, is the vehement reactions to this announcement.

Because I have a friend who will talk non-stop about each and every one of them. I can only ignore people for so long.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 pm

If there's decent writing and an editor that can get them under 2 hours each I'm down. The latest movie was billed as being all about the robots and I quit watching after the first 15 minutes was literally nothing more than humans talking about boring shit. I liked the first one even though it felt like a GM commercial starring Megan Fox and had Hugo Weaving as Megatron despite Frank Welker doing other voices that AREN'T THAT FUCKING ICONIC in the same movie. The 3rd had a great ending battle scene that we'd all still be gushing over if Avengers hadn't done the exact same thing a year later.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby AdricDePsycho » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:12 am

OK, I have a question: wasn't Michael Bay gonna turn the series over to a new director after Age of Extinction?

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Reboot. Not the TV show.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/transformers-cinematic-universe-current-movie-series-rebooted-358641

No sequel to The Last Knight. Everything is getting all blowed up after the John Cena in Bumblebee project lands later this year. Hasbro wants more control including greenlighting movies. Imagine that.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Redacted

Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster