The Walking Dead

What have you been watching?

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:40 am

Who blew the horn? That's all anybody around me wants to know. I have some guesses. This is not a scenario from the comics so its a great mystery.
Spoiler: show
Gabriel the worst priest still alive in that universe is the obvious pick. My wife thinks its possible the kid who they saved from a walker attack could be behind it. There's also the chance that its an alarm and Alexandria is under siege by another group (Negan's folks?). Or that other group is connected to the kid that got saved and they're taking him back by force.

Also don't tell anyone but Maggie is pregnant. Did you catch the throwaway line by Glen "and for other reasons too"?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Yawn.Bored » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:38 pm

So I very quickly scrolled through as to not read anything that would spoil it, because I haven't seen the premier yet. Please can someone tell me how I can watch this show in Germany!!!!!! It's almost worth moving back to Canada for. Legal suggestions only please. I'm a purist deadhead.

Yawn.Bored
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Yawn.Bored wrote:So I very quickly scrolled through as to not read anything that would spoil it, because I haven't seen the premier yet. Please can someone tell me how I can watch this show in Germany!!!!!! It's almost worth moving back to Canada for. Legal suggestions only please. I'm a purist deadhead.

According to the internet, the show is currently only available in Germany on a paid version of Fox. It has apparently been bought by a free to view network for retransmission starting next year though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/w ... ife-263563

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Technically, it's not illegal to use a VPN to access content that is locally restricted, so you can use one of those and then go to itunes to buy the single episodes or a season pass.
And if you feel like a cheap bastard, you can watch the season premiere for free from AMC's website, no account required.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:03 am

I'm going on record. This is official. If Carol is ever killed off I'm not watching this show anymore. I want the series to end with her and Rick fighting on opposite sides and the last scene involves her telling Rick he never should have kicked her out of the prison. Then she calmly puts him down with a knife to the temple, end TWD on AMC.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 pm

This has been a very intense season so far. I thought the third episode was going to slow down after that debut and the follow-up, but man. I guess this is what happens when fans demand more action.

So, that thing with Glenn happened. And maybe I'm still in denial, but I think there might still be hope. I rewatched that scene over and over, and gruesome as it is, there's something off about the way the walkers devour what appear to be Glenn's entrails. My theory, of course, is that Nicholas' corpse fell on top of him, and that's what they are eating. It's a little bit of a reach, but not entirely impossible that Glenn is lying under the carcass, using it as a meat shield, at least until he can sneak under the dumpster or something. There is a reason the episode didn't end right there, instead of showing us ten more minutes of Michonne trying to save the other deadweights, and Rick trying to start up an RV with a very suspiciously looking wounded hand.

Further reasons to believe he might survive is that Nicholas says "thank you" (which is the title of the episode) right before blowing up his brains, indicating he might have sacrificed himself, instead of dooming Glenn to a slow, painful scene of watching yourself being eaten alive, which would be a really douchy way to thank someone.

Also, the aftershow talking dead did not have Steven Yeun as a guest, like they usually do whenever regular cast members bite it, neither did they specifically name-dropped Glenn during the In Memoriam reel along with the other Alexandrians.

So there's hope. Either that, or they are stringing us along for the ride because they are gigantic douchebags.

All in all, this season has been quite a ride. Let's see what other surprises they drop on us during next week's supersized episode.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:48 pm

If Glenn went out like that for realz I'm wondering how/when his death will be discovered by the others. Rick can't really just go to Maggie with "he didn't answer the walkie so he's gone". I caught the foreshadowing though when Glenn called Rick "dumbass" over the walkie. I was like O Shit Glenn's gonna die this episode since they're doing a callback to the tank.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Totally scrawling "CLEAR" in red sharpie on a piece of paper and taping it to the bottom of the shredder bin at work. That is happening. I'd like to use the PTouch label maker to put "Pointless Acts" and "They All Turn" on the personnel filing cabinet but that might not go over to corporate types who wouldn't get the reference and think "pointless acts" is a rebellion against job duties or if they do get the reference possibly think its a dig at turnover rate.

Now for thoughts on the "Morgan becomes Donatello" episode:

Yawn. My wife fell asleep at one point and I was daydreaming during the part where Splinter, I mean Mr. Miyagi, I mean idiot who got bit like a jackass was explaining how he watched the guy who killed his family starve for 47 days. Had to rewind to catch that. I wasn't looking forward to an hour and a half of Morgan and this bridging the gap between his encounter with the 3 Who Cannot Die (Rick, Michonne, Carl) and when he showed up to Alexandria wasn't very good imo. Cornball shit turns me off. The door was always open, the goat figured that out, the same goat that didn't attract 100 walkers an hour with its constant noise. M'kay sure. The pacing was not tense like they intended, it was just time consuming. Let the editor do their job and get it under an hour ffs. Its like "okay Morgan is a hybrid Donatello/Rambo homicidal maniac" but they had to keep reiterating that point. Then it was really obvious that Mr. I-decided-to-stop-killing-after-I-killed-the-one-person-I-felt-like-killing was going to die and I hoped they had some kind of... Eastman! That was the guys name. Anyway, his death resulting from getting a bite after we saw him do stuff way more advanced than:
was laughably silly. He couldn't redirect one walker after being shown as the badass teacher? That would be like Qui-Gon getting killed by a blaster shot from a "roger, roger" droid in Episode 1. Also between this episode, the prison arc and Fear TWD its almost becoming a staple of the series to have someone held captive.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:31 am

So nobody's updated this thread in a while. I assume everyone just silently watched the rest. It's been a pretty good season so far, especially by TWD standards. Mid-finale was a little anticlimactic. And stuff.

But I think, as the the next half draws ever nearer, that we should have this maintained as a continuous posting place.

Given what's coming. And how fucking cool it'll be.

NEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAN

I haven't been so hyped since Francis "Red Dragon" Dolarhyde dropped into Hannibal.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Piter Lauchy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:39 am

I haven't read the comics, so I don't know what to expect from Negan other than what I caught by existing on the internet, but I immediately like that dude. Well, not like like, but as a villain he seems great.
It's about time. We didn't have an intriguing villain since the Governor. Unless I'm forgetting someone, but if I'm forgetting them, they can't have been a great villain.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby Tuli » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:53 am

KleinerKiller wrote:So nobody's updated this thread in a while. I assume everyone just silently watched the rest.

That's pretty optimistic of you. :P

Truth is I've kinda lost my patience with the series. I might pick it up again later but right now my eye-rolling problem has only worsened since the last time I posted in this thread. I think I decided to take a break after the episode that came after the Morgan-jedi-master episode. So many painful TWD cliches in that one.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:04 am

I can't wait for the show to come back. I'm hoping they bring back Fear TWD soon because they're risking losing their audience if they think showing a handful of episodes then waiting a calendar year is a good idea.

There hasn't been a big bad since the Governor. I'm still worried that with Negan unable to use profanity that the show will end up being Evil Dead II. In how its not sure if its the same as before or if its comedy or exactly what the hell is going on but there's plenty of blood, guts, and gore. I'll still watch, provided Carol lives. And hopefully the show gives us a similar image to the cover of issue #149.

Major spoilers ahead for the comic if you've never read it, possibly show spoilers as well, involving the Negan character (and Rick tbqh), shit gave me chills when I saw it.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:14 am

Piter Lauchy wrote:I haven't read the comics, so I don't know what to expect from Negan other than what I caught by existing on the internet, but I immediately like that dude. Well, not like like, but as a villain he seems great.
It's about time. We didn't have an intriguing villain since the Governor. Unless I'm forgetting someone, but if I'm forgetting them, they can't have been a great villain.

If the show stays even remotely faithful to the comics and Jeffrey Dean Morgan turns in a fitting performance once he shows up (that was just a subordinate, Wade, in the trailer), Negan's going to make the Governor look like an absolute pansy-ass problem-of-the-week. I've been waiting for him to turn up since the group first made it to Alexandria. Consider me giddy.

Tuli wrote:Truth is I've kinda lost my patience with the series. I might pick it up again later but right now my eye-rolling problem has only worsened since the last time I posted in this thread. I think I decided to take a break after the episode that came after the Morgan-jedi-master episode. So many painful TWD cliches in that one.

I treat the show much the same as I do Doctor Who (or did, at least, before the unforgivably Moffat-ized Series 9) -- worth putting up with the cliches and ridiculousness for the moments of power, emotion, and sheer brilliance. And aside from the Morgan episode, this season has generally been a major improvement, at least for me.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Piter Lauchy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:28 am

KleinerKiller wrote:(that was just a subordinate, Wade, in the trailer)

Aw. =(
I thought he had that whole talking about himself in third person thing going. Jeffrey Dean Morgan should make a fine villain though, I think.

And maybe I'm easily pleased, but I really liked the Morgan episode. It made me genuinely tear up.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

PreviousNext