The Walking Dead

What have you been watching?

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:07 am

Oh, wow.

Spoiler: show
So, um, while introducing the Whisperers proper... they killed off Jesus, I guess?

Yeah. Of all the characters they could've picked for their requisite mid-season finale shock value death, they picked:

- one of the most unique and well-casted characters on the show
- one of the most well-rounded and badass gay men in modern fiction (who's already been seriously underserved by his adaptation because Show Aaron is... not exactly memorable)
- one of my favorite surviving characters in the comic, up there with Negan, Maggie, and Old Rick

And now this means the show won't have the amazing scene where Beta ambushes Jesus and Aaron by the fire after the Whisperer War and it seriously looks like another shock death is incoming, only for the villain to underestimate them and get his shit shot up following a pretty stylish fight. Or they'll give that scene to Daryl and Michonne or something.

Nice.

Of course, this is assuming this isn't another fake-out, because after Dumpstergate and the Rickcopter I can't be sure of anything. I didn't watch the episode, I'm just learning about this from episode reviews, so I can't judge whether whatever happened to Jesus at the Whisperers' hands was survivable. But if it's permanent, it's exactly what I expect from the show now. What other unique characters do we still have? Michonne, I guess? Is Father Gabriel still alive? Dwight, maybe, if they suddenly recast him and started writing him well?

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:22 pm

One episode left in the season and wow the Whisperer's War was definitely a war.

TWD minus Rick is actually not all that bad. People should still watch this. They actually started putting flashbacks in sepia so you don't have to use graph paper and chart each episode's timeline.

Remember all those Lori memes about how she was a terrible mother? Okay I'm definitely one to say that Carol is my waifu but how many kids is Carol going to lose? Sophia had everyone trapped on a farm that Sophia was already trapped at, Carol had to tell the one girl to look at the flowers, and now Henry's head ends up on a pike. Not being good with kids to the point they end up dead is usually a dealbreaker for me.

Beta has to be played by basketball player Dirk Novitzki... right?

Magna is such a force in the comics.... why isn't she featured more on the show again?

Considering how many pages were dedicated to building the Alpha character versus how incredibly limited her screen time has been I'm not surprised at all there's award buzz for Samantha Morton. I hate having to keep turning my TV up just to fekkin hear her but they're the Whisperer's right?

So the future? There's only one Carl left since Henry's gone, Ezekiel lives unlike in the comics so that's a thing but he's saying "Kingdom has fallen" in the voice over for the preview of the next episode. Rosita, also alive unlike in the comics iirc, spent a few minutes with Eugene fixing up radio communication equipment in the latest episode. Maybe they're going to cast Princess and the new Governor soon.

Nobody tell Merle his brother hooked up with a black chick!

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby SandTea » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 am

Season Finale-
It's cold outside.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea