Dream Casting for your favourite shows/films

What have you been watching?

Dream Casting for your favourite shows/films

Postby BobTheZombie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Since it looks like there's going to be a Justice League movie I've been mulling over who I'd have in it. I believe it should have the original 7 members and here's the actors I believe should play them:

Superman - Henry_Cavill. Since he's in Man of Steel might as well keep him. He looks alrtight for the part.

Batman (BRUCE WAYNE) No Robin John Blake. Just...no. Still not sure on this one. Christian Bale seems the ideal candidate. A friend of mine suggested Liam Hemsworth but even though he looks kind of like a Bruce Wayne he's still too young and inexperienced. I saw someone suggest Matt Bomer. I'm not sure since I haven't seen much of him but he certainly has the jaw.

Wonder Woman - Jennifer Lawrence (although the same friend believes it should be Gina Carano). Actor should be able to fight so maybe Gina is a better bet.

Flash (Barry Allen) - Chris Pine. He's capable of doing serious stuff but always up for making jokes.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - Joel Edgerton. I hust think he'd look the part. He also displays a great deal of confidence in his roles (I'm thinking The Thing).

Aquaman - Garrett Hedlund. This is another role that I'm undecided on but from what I've seen from Hedlund he has an intense look about him. Alternatively I'd go for Charlie Hunman. Blonde hair may have swayed me.

Martian Manhunter - Tony Todd. I just feel he's got the right voice. He also kind of looks like him (if he were green) but since Martian Manhunter would probably have to be done using mo-cap then looks aren't so important. Alternatively, in a completely mad fanboy way, I think it would be class if Morgan Freeman did the voice! I've seen some people suggest MM be left out of the film but for me he has to be in it.

What other suggestions do you have for your dream casts (Justice League or otherwise)?

**Bonus**- A Batman Beyond film with Ian Somerhalder as Terry McGinnis and Ed Harris or Clint Eastwood as old Bruce Wayne.

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Re: Dream Casting for your favourite shows/films

Postby Castiel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

My two choices for the ideal Wonder Woman are Gina Carano, like your friend suggested, and The Walking Dead's Danai Gurira. I feel like the latter has the gravitas needed to sell the idea of WW as the leader of an Amazonian wrrior tribe, and her role on the show proves she can carry weak writing.

I would've liked to see what Chris Evans did with the role of The Flash, but I guess that's out of the window at this point, since he's already done two superheroes. There's a guy named Chris Chalk, who was in the first season of Homeland and two episodes of the newest season of Justified, that I somehwo think would be a good fit for John Roberts, if they ever went with that incarnation of The Flash.

As for Manhunter, Freeman's a boss choice for the voice, but imagine John Goodman doing it.

Castiel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Black James Bond: Chiwetel Ejiofor

And as for JLA, I would keep Stephen Amell for Green Arrow. Green Arrow was the first non-original member of the JLA, and he's already on the show. Marvel did their build up over a couple of years, DC could use Arrow as their excuse for the same.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby Castiel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Michael, do you like Stephen Amell's portrayal better, or Justin Hartley's portrayal better?

Castiel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Castiel wrote:Michael, do you like Stephen Amell's portrayal better, or Justin Hartley's portrayal better?

I prefer Stepehn Amell's much more. He is much more subtle, and is better able to portray "being stuck on an island and tortured for 5 years". Justin Hartley was fine, and both are young...I prefer an older Green Arrow, but it hasn't been done live action. But Amell is able to show a greater weight on his shoulders. It was probably the directing, but Hartley seemed too hot-headed to me, at times. Amell is really good at showing the progression of the character in the flashbacks, from weak spoiled rich kid onward.

But, Hartley was better at womanizing, and like it or not, that's a big part of Green Arrow's character. I am hoping that they have Amell start having more fun, because Ollie isn't serious all the time, and he isn't always faking it.

Amell better portray's Ollie as more than capable of hand-to-hand combat, and I also feel that is important.

I would still be up for suggestions on who could play an older Green Arrow. Maybe in his mid 30s instead of his mid 20s. I just am blank on capably, blonde bearded actors right now.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby BobTheZombie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Typical Michael wrote:
Castiel wrote:Michael, do you like Stephen Amell's portrayal better, or Justin Hartley's portrayal better?

I prefer Stepehn Amell's much more. He is much more subtle, and is better able to portray "being stuck on an island and tortured for 5 years". Justin Hartley was fine, and both are young...I prefer an older Green Arrow, but it hasn't been done live action. But Amell is able to show a greater weight on his shoulders. It was probably the directing, but Hartley seemed too hot-headed to me, at times. Amell is really good at showing the progression of the character in the flashbacks, from weak spoiled rich kid onward.

But, Hartley was better at womanizing, and like it or not, that's a big part of Green Arrow's character. I am hoping that they have Amell start having more fun, because Ollie isn't serious all the time, and he isn't always faking it.

Amell better portray's Ollie as more than capable of hand-to-hand combat, and I also feel that is important.

I would still be up for suggestions on who could play an older Green Arrow. Maybe in his mid 30s instead of his mid 20s. I just am blank on capably, blonde bearded actors right now.

I may have suggested him above for Aquaman (and misspelled his name to boot) but Charlie Hunnam is fond of rocking the beard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Charlie_Hunnam_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg

Also maybe Liam Hemsworth for Terry McGinnis? He's young enough.

BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Actually, crap, I forgot to mention. Justin Hartley was Aquaman before he was Green Arrow, and I enjoyed that portrayal.

Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 pm

My ideal casting for a Deadpool movie would be Ryan Reynolds. Unfortunately each day makes that movie seem less likely.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby BobTheZombie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Maybe if Kick Ass 2 makes a lot of money the studios might realise the potential in a hard R Deadpool film.

I remembered today that Megan Fox is touted to play April O'Neil. After a short think I believe the role should have gone to Amy Adams because (a) She's a respected actress, (b) She showed in The Muppets that she can act alongside co-stars who aren't people and (c) She'd look good in a yellow jumpsuit. Also, she's a redhead.

BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Castiel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm

That Ninja Turtles movie is just a mess all around.

Castiel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Castiel wrote:That Ninja Turtles movie is just a mess all around.

Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby MuteAnt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Mary Jane Watson for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man sequel.
Yeah, yeah, I know Shailene Woodley is already confirmed for the role, but in an alternate reality, Mary Elizabeth Winstead sneaks into Shailene Woodley's home, cuts all of Shailene's hair, laughs maniacally, rushes home, sits by the phone while she steeples her fingers in evil concentration, gets a call from Sony Executives who offer her all of the money, plays Mary Jane Watson alongside Andrew Garfield who skateboards them both to safety from the evil claws of Jamie Foxx, and I can FINALLY—

Wait, Jamie Foxx is playing Electro? *Sigh*

May contain peanuts.
MuteAnt
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Castiel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Typical Michael wrote:
Castiel wrote:That Ninja Turtles movie is just a mess all around.

To click or not to click.
I think I've just encountered the toughest decision of the year.

MuteAnt wrote:Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Mary Jane Watson for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man sequel.
Yeah, yeah, I know Shailene Woodley is already confirmed for the role, but in an alternate reality, Mary Elizabeth Winstead sneaks into Shailene Woodley's home, cuts all of Shailene's hair, laughs maniacally, rushes home, sits by the phone while she steeples her fingers in evil concentration, gets a call from Sony Executives who offer her all of the money, plays Mary Jane Watson alongside Andrew Garfield who skateboards them both to safety from the evil claws of Jamie Foxx, and I can FINALLY—

Wait, Jamie Foxx is playing Electro? *Sigh*

And Paul Giamatti is playing Rhino. But then again, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn is abotu as perfect a choice as one can make, and I'm hoping they get JK Simmons to reprise his role as J. Jonah Jameson.

Castiel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Castiel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm going to preface this by saying I really do like Keanu Reeves, and love that his movies are never predictable in terms of genre. But there are two roles of his I'd love to see different actors play. Assuming impossibilities are fair game in dream casting, I'd love to see an alternate universe Matrix trilogy with Brandon Lee as Neo. Failing that, a Constantine with Paul Bettany in the lead role will do just fine.

Castiel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby MuteAnt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 am

And Paul Giamatti is playing Rhino. But then again, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn is abotu as perfect a choice as one can make, and I'm hoping they get JK Simmons to reprise his role as J. Jonah Jameson.

Three villains in one movie? *shudders* I think we might have a Spider-Man 3 situation on our hands. Unless Rhino is the throw-away villain, and Norman Osborne only appears for two scenes to cackle maniacally. Man, why can't the studio just give Venom another shot already? I'd chop a leg off to see Michael Cera on steroids play Eddie Brock/Venom.

And yes, more JK Simmons would be nice. In fact, let's just give him his own movie.

May contain peanuts.
MuteAnt
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Next