Halloween 2018

What have you been watching?

Halloween 2018

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:51 pm

This trailer starts out pretty terrible with the mental institute horror straight out of a parody, but the high concept of remaking Terminator 2 for the newest reboot of the Halloween Franchise seems pretty interesting.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Re: Halloween 2018

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Trailer kicks ass, and I kind of love how ludicrously over-the-top the mental institution sequence is. With anyone else I'd be extremely skeptical of this whole production, but it's John Carpenter, so unless he's lost a lot of his mojo over the years I'm thoroughly hyped.

With that said -- this kind of movie pretty much needs to end with Laurie perma-killing Michael (ala Halloween H20... which was almost the exact same premise, now that I think about it), but its very existence necessitates a new line of sequels, because otherwise it would never get greenlit in the first place. This places it in a very rough spot that the series has blown its ass out trying to juggle thrice before, but I'll try to maintain my optimism.

KK's Review Thread - NEW FILM REVIEW: "SLENDER MAN"

KK's Descent Into Tartarus

KEEP FIGHTING FOR NET NEUTRALITY
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prick With A Pen

Re: Halloween 2018

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:43 pm

It's the trailer drums that get me. There's really no way of getting out of that buildup without completely ruining the moment. Hopefully these are just trailer things, not actually in the movie.

Also, this video and the other one about Jason are great, for anyone who wants to catch up on the halloween series. Freddie one I don't like because apparently he didn't change at all.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Grenadier