PSA:The Jurassic World 2 trailer summarizes the movie

What have you been watching?

PSA:The Jurassic World 2 trailer summarizes the movie

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:59 am

Damnit they did the TRex uses distraction to ram dinosaur again.

Spoiler: show
Also the story itseof seems super interesting. The conservation status of de-extincted animals. Buuuut with Jeff Goldblum back in the role just to doomsay about how a bunch of animals of animal intelligence are a danger to humanity, that's a pretty big reason to doubt it too.
Also Carnotaur!

Carnotaurus are interesting because they're new enough to have their major conception be near-accurate. Unlike the older dinosaurs that were all "the theropod" mostly.

This goes over what's wrong mostly.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Re: PSA:The Jurassic World 2 trailer summarizes the movie

Postby sunglasses » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:32 pm

if you want to get all your dinosaur NSF people under 18 action in while waiting for the new movie, may I suggest Darbi? it's a free webtoon on www.webtoon.com (not a scan site-no malware).

Also, I do like that youtube vid you embedded.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 pm

It's the best, Carrie found it. I'd recommend the entire series. He's not a paleontologist, but he uses as many sources as he can to criticize children's toys, because toys are what bring children into dinosaurs, so the more accurate the toys are, the better.
A lot of stuff about dinosaurs makes perfect sense analogously to modern animals. It's sorta sad that they're not these fantastic creatures that are unlike any modern animal because that's part of their appeal. When monsters ruled the earth, and all.

For example, there's the spinosaur

It's a "standard" therapod with a sail and a crocodile head, as far as toys, pictures, cartoons and jurassic park 3 go. It fights and kills a T. Rex in JP3.

But if you put it in context, with the actual evidence. It's not a standard therapod at all. Very good arguments can be made that the Spinosaur, for all its exoticness, with the giant frilly sail and all... is a crocodile with a sail on its back.

Why the heck else would it have all those crocodilian adaptations?

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby Marcuse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 pm

So it's basically Jurassic Park 2 2 then? It looks exactly like The Lost World, with the collapsed infrastructure and freed dinosaurs and the chaos ensuing resulting in a Rex being brought back to a populated area with hilarious consequences. Also loved the fakeout tension with the raptor where he's like "you know me" and he nearly pets it then it turns away and roars. You're supposed to think it turns on him when it totally doesn't.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep