Amazon's "The Tick"

What have you been watching?

Amazon's "The Tick"

Postby tinyrick » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 pm

I actually remember when they tried to make "The Tick" into a live action series the first time on Fox. It was strange. It was out of place for the time. But now with superhero shows being pushed left and right, why not have a live-action "The Tick."

I friggin' love this show. The beginning of episode 2 sets the tone with The Tick getting lightning shot at him by Miss Lint, who says, "Why won't you just die?!"

And the Tick's reply is, "I don't wanna!"

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Re: Amazon's "The Tick"

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:23 pm

SPOOOON!!!!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:34 am

I've only seen a trailer for it so far. I'm hesitant because I end up thinking about the cartoon. Then the block of other shows that played with it. I don't think a DuckMan live action would work. I wince at the thought of a 'The Critic" remake. That is only theoretically possible with the perfect ingredients.

I'm still hopeful because iirc the trailer did Arthur well.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby tinyrick » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:42 am

I think it's cool that Patrick Warburton is the executive producer. He played the Tick in the first live action attempt and he apparently wanted to play him again, but Amazon didn't think he'd fit the slightly darker tone of the show. I'm not sure what they mean by that, but I'm hoping it turns out the Tick's backstory is similar to the one in the comics.

Spoiler: show
He's an escaped mental patient.

So apparently, Patrick Warburton is a huge fan of The Tick if he's insisted so heavily to be part of this project.

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 pm

I'm pretty sure the team behind this is made up of people who worked on the animated series and the live action series. Imo the previous live action series was ahead of it's time. Fox had just decided that promoting good shows wasn't in it's best interest. This was around the time that Family Guy got canceled, before it got canceled again.

The show is fantastic. I'm going to rewatch it once the next batch of episodes drop. The Terror is just awesome and Ms. Lint stole the show imo.

I would like to know The Tick's thoughts on Bungie's lastest game that came out a few days ago. Because it's "Destiny 2", get it?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby 52xMax » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:59 pm

YouTube has been bombarding me with ads for this show, and I gotta say from that 30 second trailer it does look like fun. The thing is, I don't feel like signing up for Prime just to watch this, so I'm either exploring alternative options, or wait for a month that's less busy so I can take full advantage of Amazon video and also catch up with Transparent, Hand of God and Mozart in the Jungle. But I will give it a shot, that's for sure.

SandTea wrote:I wince at the thought of a 'The Critic" remake. That is only theoretically possible with the perfect ingredients.

The Critic was originally going to be a live action show about a makeup lady on a morning variety TV show, which later shifted focus on said morning show's film critic once Jon Lovitz was cast. Due to other commitments, Lovitz didn't have the time for a live action project so that's how it became an animation. It's said that the crossover with the Simpsons which caused James L. Brooks to become less involved with the show due to differences with Matt Groening, who asked for his name to be removed from the episode credits.

Speaking of live action adaptations and the Simpsons, this also reminds me that in a parallel universe there might be a Troy McClure sitcom starring a Phil Hartman who wasn't shot by his psycho wife. That must be nice.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:31 am

2nd half of season 1 is great so far. I've seen episodes 7-9 at this point.

I lost it when Midnight replied to the adoring fan at his book signing. For those unwilling to follow the link, Midnight is a talking dog. That wrote a best seller.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby sunglasses » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:54 pm

I love this show.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.