The Eighth Harry Potter Story

Books Matter.

Postby Marcuse » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:37 pm

The new Harry Potter play has been confirmed as an official sequel to the HP series.

Trailer poster is below:

It's supposed to focus on Harry and Ginny's son Albus as he goes to Hogwarts.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Re: The Eighth Harry Potter Story

Postby sunglasses » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm screaming inside with excitement.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby reallifegirl » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:00 pm

I am crossing my fingers so hard that this gets a run in the U.S. Between this and the new Star Wars movie, 11 year-old inner me is very excited.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby ShuaiGuy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:19 pm

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Marcuse wrote:It's supposed to focus on Harry and Ginny's son Albus as he goes to Hogwarts.

Sounds bad already. (Why do I always have to be a buzzkill)? I have no interest in that memorial candle child.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted.

Kid goes to Hogwarts, struggles with a reputation that is hard to live up to? We've done that already! Why not a story about the First Wizarding War? Mad-Eye-Moody, when he was a badass? Neville's parents when they were healthy? Barty Crouch's morally ambigious leadership?

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Yeah, I want a book about Snape!

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby JamishT » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:17 pm

If Harry Potter does not give clear consent, is it still Snape?

Sorry.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby PSTN » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 am

I'd really like a book about Neville after Hogwarts. He was always the character I most identified with. Also, it'd be nice to see a Harry Potter story focusing on someone who isn't explicitly the Chosen One, and therefore destined to win regardless of how much or little effort he applies. Especially since he became an auror and a professor despite being canonically a completely useless fuck-up.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby Malfeasinator » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:11 am

Aquila89 wrote:
Marcuse wrote:It's supposed to focus on Harry and Ginny's son Albus as he goes to Hogwarts.

Sounds bad already. (Why do I always have to be a buzzkill)? I have no interest in that memorial candle child.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted.

Kid goes to Hogwarts, struggles with a reputation that is hard to live up to? We've done that already! Why not a story about the First Wizarding War? Mad-Eye-Moody, when he was a badass? Neville's parents when they were healthy? Barty Crouch's morally ambigious leadership?

I personally would love a more fleshed out story of the love affair between Albus Dumbledore and Grendelwald.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:33 am

*sigh* oh joy, more mediocre children's fiction for everyone to get overexcited about

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby gisambards » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:38 am

Fry, I'll have you know that Harry Potter, like it or not, is British! It's your solemn duty to like it, good sir. Now rectify that comment or face court martial, eh wot!

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:45 am

gisambards wrote:Fry, I'll have you know that Harry Potter, like it or not, is British! It's your solemn duty to like it, good sir. Now rectify that comment or face court martial, eh wot!

you can't court martial me! I'm the judge in them! and there are plenty of things from this Green and Pleasant land I can't stand, like Piers "Morgan" Moron, we kicked he out to the Abandoned Colonies for a reason!

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby Jannettethom » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:09 am

I love every book, I love the Harry Potter series, but Im a little iffy on the movies. I read the final book almost as soon as it came out and I was extremely sad that it ended.

Jannettethom
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep
Title: Oooops...

Postby DashaBlade » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:33 am

A part of me wonders if the reason this is a play is because it'll be easier to adapt to film than the novels were. It couldn't possibly be harder to adapt than the books, because the movies left out at least half of what made the books a decent read.

As others have said though, I'm not too stoked about the subject matter. Focus on pretty much anyone but the Potter family, I say. Harry's kids could possibly be made interesting, but let's face it, after their dad defeated the most evil wizard ever, any story about them will be painfully anti-climactic.

If we're nominating secondary characters for a story focusing on them, I nominate The Saga of Peeves the Poltergeist as my choice for "What's up with him?" treatment.

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Piter Lauchy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:12 pm

I want a book or ten about Hagrid, McGonagall, Hermione after Hogwarts (with more about her parents), the Marauders, Tom Riddle's time in Hogwarts and his life story in general, Malfoy after Hogwarts and Dumbledore's life story.
Furthermore, I want a "What if Neville had become the Chosen One?" series and a detailed description of how Horcruxes are made.
I adore the HP books and I'm moderately excited for the upcoming play and movies, but they both deal with characters that I'm not really interested in.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Next