What was the best Star Wars book series?

Books Matter.

Darth Bane Trilogy
No votes
Thrawn Trilogy
80%
The New Jedi Order
No votes
Legacy of the Force
20%
Fate of the Jedi
No votes

Total votes : 5

Postby DanteHoratio » Sat May 06, 2017 5:38 pm

What was the best Star Wars book series? Personally, I thought the Thrawn Trilogy was the best. The New Jedi Order series, Legacy of the Force series, the Darth Bane trilogy, and Fate of the Jedi series are really really good book series.

***Edit*** Oh crap, I forgot the Darth Bane trilogy on there.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Re: What was the best Star Wars book series?

Postby Marcuse » Sat May 06, 2017 5:46 pm

I edited the poll, but it seemed to have removed the initial vote, which I assume was yours, Dante.

I picked Legacy of the Force because it took all the stuff that the writers in NJO set up and paid it off in a spectacular fashion. It's wrapped up in enough politics to make it engaging, but not so much that they can't leave it behind in favour of mad (also brave, tragic, affecting, surprising) Mandos and bonkers space wizards. The lead and focus of the story is one of my favourite characters because he does something no other Sith ever truly does: fall to the Dark Side utterly believing he's doing it for the right reason and to do good things. Even in the last book he's telling himself how he's been arrogant and selfish and how he'll try to avoid those things while he intimidates the Moffs, threatens people, murders people and attacks his own family.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Re: What was the best Star Wars book series?

Postby DanteHoratio » Sat May 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Marcuse wrote:I edited the poll, but it seemed to have removed the initial vote, which I assume was yours, Dante.

I picked Legacy of the Force because it took all the stuff that the writers in NJO set up and paid it off in a spectacular fashion. It's wrapped up in enough politics to make it engaging, but not so much that they can't leave it behind in favour of mad (also brave, tragic, affecting, surprising) Mandos and bonkers space wizards. The lead and focus of the story is one of my favourite characters because he does something no other Sith ever truly does: fall to the Dark Side utterly believing he's doing it for the right reason and to do good things. Even in the last book he's telling himself how he's been arrogant and selfish and how he'll try to avoid those things while he intimidates the Moffs, threatens people, murders people and attacks his own family.

Agreed. Jacen/Darth Caedus is my favorite Star Wars character. I would go so far as to say that he had one of the best character development in star wars, including the movies.

Oh, and thank you for editing the poll :)

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous